GOOGLE’S Gmail accounts can be set up easily for free in a matter of minutes. Here is how to create and sign in to Google Gmail accounts.
Gmail this year announced more than 1.5 billion people regularly use Google’s flagship free email platform. Gmail’s intuitive interface and the product’s powerful spam blocking software make it easy to account for the platform’s popularity. And another positive is the ease with which a Google Gmail.com login account can be set up.
How to create a Google Gmail account:
- Visit the Create your Google Account for Gmail page.
- Enter your first and last name, and your desired username.
- Your Gmail email address will be your username followed by @gmail.com.
- If your Gmail username is Tom for instance, your Gmail address is Tom@gmail.com.
- Enter a password for your Gmail account under both Create a password and Confirm your password.
- It is highly recommended to enable two-factor authentication for your Gmail account.
- You are asked to verify your phone number but this step can be skipped if you are pressed for time.
- Entering a phone number and alternate email address is required to verify and authorise your account.
- Google uses this information to protect your privacy and to enable a forgotten password to be recovered.
- Enter your birthday and sex in the fields provided.
- The simply read the Privacy and Terms and then select I Agree.
- This will take you to the My Account page for your newly-created email address.
- You can now sign into your account, manage your personal information, and set your account preferences.
Can you have multiple Gmail accounts?
- If you have more than one Google Account, you can sign in to multiple accounts at once.
- This enables users to switch between accounts without having to constantly sign in and out.
- Your accounts have separate settings, but in some cases, settings from your default account might apply.
- To add an accounts, you will need to sign in to Google.
- Then select your profile image or initial.
- Then choose Add account from the menu.